Spicy Lemon Seafood Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots sliced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin dried
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped
- 1 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 1 pound seafood*
- 1/2 Limoneira® lemon thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, and saute the shallots, mushrooms and garlic for about 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the ginger and lemon zest, and continue to cook for another minute or two.
- Add in all the spices, and stir to blend for about a minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stirring to blend in the seasonings.
- Bring the broth to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. The broth should be rich and fragrant.
- Stir in the lemon juice, and add the seafood.
- Continue to simmer until the seafood is done. If you use only shrimp or scallops, it will take only about 3 minutes. If you’ve used fish, it may take up to 10 minutes or so depending on how large.
- When it’s done, divide it between two bowls, and garnish with lemon slices.