Spicy Orange Chicken Wings
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings trimmed & separated
- 2 large oranges finely zested & juiced
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the orange juice and zest, garlic, ginger, mustard, cinnamon, Cayenne pepper, and olive oil in a bowl. Stir to blend well, and set aside about a quarter of the sauce in a separate bowl.
- Add the chicken wings to the larger amount of sauce, and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the wings on a baking sheet in a single layer. You will probably have to use two, or bake them in two batches.
- Drizzle or spoon any sauce remaining in the large bowl over the wings.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Turn the wings and baste them on the other side with the reserved sauce.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or so, until thoroughly cooked.
- If you like, you can turn on the broiler and broil them for 1 to 2 minutes to caramelize the glaze.