Spicy Ruby Grapefruit Marinade
- 2 Star Ruby grapefruits
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut the zest off from the ruby grapefruits in small strips. Take care to cut as little of the bitter white pith as possible. Chop the zest into small pieces.
- Cut the grapefruits in half, and squeeze out the juice into a mixing bowl. You should get roughly 1 cup.
- Chop the fresh thyme.
- Add the grapefruit zest, thyme leaves, mustard, garlic, cayenne, and olive oil to the grapefruit juice in the mixing bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Pour over meat or fish, marinate, and grill as desired.