Lemon Green Beans with Garlic, Rosemary & Parmesan
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large lemon zest & juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash and trim green beans.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boiling. Add green beans and blanche – boiling for about 2 minutes until the color is bright green.
- Drain the beans and cool them down again in a bowl of ice water. Once they’ve cooled, drain and set aside for now.
- Add the butter to a large skillet and melt at a medium high setting.
- Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- No add the beans and lemon juice to the pan and cook until the beans are tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, and rosemary, continuing to saute for another minute or so. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese just before serving.