Vegan Crepes Suzette
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Limoneira® orange zest & juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 Limoneira® oranges zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon Limoneira® lemon juice
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- Turn the oven on to its lowest setting, and prepare a baking sheet – you’ll use it to keep the crepes warm as you make each one.
- Whisk together the milk and flour, then add the remaining ingredients. Be sure that the batter is thin, with no lumps.
- Make sure your pan and oil (preferably coconut or other neutral oil) are hot before you add the batter.
- Add a few tablespoons of batter, rotating the pan to create a thin, flat surface.
- Reduce heat to a medium setting, and cook for about a minute or two on each side, until just browned.
- Add the sugar and orange juice to a non-stick pan over a medium-low setting. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice, orange zest, and star anise. Continue to stir as it bubbles and begins to thicken.
- Add the Grand Marnier, and cook for another minute or two as you stir.
- Add the butter in small chunks, stirring until the sauce takes on a glossy texture.
- Remove the star anise, pour over the crepes and serve.