Vegan Gluten-Free Lemon Pie
- 6 medjool dates
- 6 graham crackers gluten-free
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup agar agar powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemons zest & juice
- 3 cups coconut milk (full fat)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients are well mixed, but the texture should be thick and a little lumpy – not entirely smooth.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate with your fingers or the back of a spoon until it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool before filling.
- On the counter, measure the dry ingredients into a medium saucepan, and blend together.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest, and coconut milk.
- Place the saucepan on the stove at a medium setting and bring to a boil as you stir continuously.
- When the mixture thickens, let it simmer for one more minute, and then remove from the heat.
- Pour it into the crust, and allow it to cool and set in the fridge for at least one hour.