Vegan Meyer Lemon & Ginger Rice Pudding
- 1 Limoneira® Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 1 cup whole grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk 14 ounces
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 cup golden sugar
- Juice the lemon into a saucepan, add the water and bring to boil.
- Wash the rice thoroughly, and add it to the pot as the liquid boils.
- Cover and reduce the heat, allowing the rice to cook for about 20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed. The rice should be soft at this point.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and allow the rice to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, ginger, lemon zest, and sugar.
- Return to the burner, and cook for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- The pudding will be creamy and quite thick when it's ready.
- Serve immediately.