Vegan Meyer Lemon & White Asparagus Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1 Limoneira® Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 1 pound white asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Trim the asparagus, and cut it into pieces about 1-inch long.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over a medium setting. Saute the shallots and minced garlic for about 5 minutes, until fragrant but not overly browned.
- Add the herbs, and Meyer lemon zest, continuing to cook for another 5 minutes as you stir frequently.
- Pour in the broth, coconut milk, Meyer lemon juice, and asparagus, and season with salt and pepper, stirring to blend. Bring the soup to a boil, and then cover, and reduce the heat to a medium-low setting. Allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Remove from the heat, and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before you puree. Process in the blender until smooth, and reheat if desired.
- Can be served chilled or hot