Vegan Orange Curd
- 5 large Limoneira® oranges juice only
- 1 Limoneira® lemon juice only
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- Measure the cornstarch into a saucepan, and stir constantly as you add the orange and lemon juices.
- Now, add the sugar, and then the milk, as you continue to whisk constantly to ensure a smooth texture.
- Over a medium-low setting, cook the mixture slowly, stirring constantly until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Continue to cook as you stir until the curd reaches a boil. It should become very thick. Do not let it boil for more than a minute before removing from the heat.
- Add the vegan butter and stir it into the mixture thoroughly.
- Transfer it to a clean jar, and let it cool to set.
- You can place it in the fridge overnight to set completely if you like.
- It will keep up to two weeks in the fridge. Stir before using.