Vegan Orange Ginger Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 Limoneira® oranges zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the banana slices on the paper. Place it in the freezer.
- After about 2 hours, the slices should be frozen. You can transfer them into a ziplock bag (to avoid frost) and leave them in the freezer overnight.
- Place the frozen banana slices, orange juice, ginger, vanilla and almond extract in a blender.
- Pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender if necessary.
- Add the orange zest, chia seeds, yogurt and coconut milk, and pulse for a few seconds more.
- Serve immediately.